Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Few Random Thoughts

Hello there, bloggy people. Today's post will be 100% random thoughts that are bouncing around in my head. I'm in the mood for something different. So, here goes.


  • The dog that we adopted a week ago is a really good dog. I cannot help but wonder what would possess a person to voluntarily give up this dog. We really lucked out. By the way, she's laying on my couch now. I just turned around to look at her and she looked up at me with those big, brown eyes as if to say, " are you sure it's ok for me to be on the couch?" Yeah, sweet girl, it's ok (as long as you're on the blue blanket.)

  • I wonder why nobody recycles medicine and why hospitals don't stock pile expired meds for poor people who come to the ER. Wouldn't that be an easy way to make sure people get the medications that they need and also help recycle these meds that we can't flush down the toilet? I mean, what are we supposed to do? Let old drugs just pile up?

  • I'm preparing to cook no less than 4 meals this weekend, which should feed us 8 times. I'm just getting myself mentally ready for it. And honestly, I LOVE doing it. It makes me feel good to cook nice meals for the family so we don't end up eating crap during the week because we're all so busy.

  • I'm getting kind of sick of Jennifer Aniston.

  • I have a lot of laundry to do so I am very glad that we got our dryer fixed. And I'm even more glad that we have the DTE (our energy company) Home Protection Plan that covers all appliances in our house so we never have to pay for it. Yes, it costs us $30 a month, but I see it as appliance insurance. Besides, if our furnace dies, the plan pays for itself. Not bad when absolutely no one in this house is handy. (Sorry honey, but you know you're not.)

  • My husband just handed me my contraceptive jelly inserts (i.e. birth control) because I left them sitting out for the last 3 days since they came in the mail. Oops....my bad. Nice thing to just leave lying around the house.

  • Yesterday Bam-Bam made me a turtle (out of construction paper) at day care. He couldn't wait to show it to me when he got home. What a sweet boy!
  • I'm nervous because I know that I am in need of an entire mouth full of dental work and do not feel mentally prepared to deal with it. I am terrified of the dentist and almost choked to death on one of my crowns once, thanks to that stupid dental assistant with the slippery fingers. She tried to hold me down when she let go of it because she wanted to retrieve it. I was like - step off, chick, I am f'ing choking here. Anyhoo, thanks...I am even more terrified now.
  • I really like watching Go Diego Go. That is such a cute show! I talk to the TV for that one. My kid probably thinks I'm nuts.
  • It's Sweetest Day today, which I have never really considered to be much more than a Hallmark holiday. However, the hubby and I are going to have a very rare night out. I think we've done it maybe 4 times since Bam-Bam was born.
  • I just bought two supplements which I hope will assist me with this insane PMS problem I've been having. I did some research and found that 100 mg of Vitamin B6 daily is helpful for PMS and mood issues. I'm also going to use Melatonin for some of my sleep issues. I'll let you know how it goes. Taking the first one tonight.
  • I could probably use a little s-e-x some time soon. Hmmm, where is that leopard print underwear again. Oh, and mental note...maybe I should do some strategic shaving. TMI, I know. And get your mind out of the gutter. I don't mean that kind of shaving. Just grooming.
  • Sometimes I think I am not so much smart as I am savvy. Just very good at making people think I'm smart.
  • I am, at this moment, jamming some corn chips in my pie hole. They're not that good, so why the hell do I keep eating them?
  • Ever notice how there is always some kind of sports on TV. Annoying.
  • Should I be afraid of the Swine Flu? Sometimes I think I should be more concerned than I am. I definitely don't think that the vaccine is a good idea. Freaks me out. Way too new.

That's it. Hope that wasn't too boring to read. Just needed to get those things off my chest.

5 comments:

  1. Nope, not boring at all!

    And for the record I think you're hi-larious.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally with you on Jennifer Aniston and the Swine Flue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm over Jenn Aniston too. The Break Up was on last night and while I loved it the first time, OMG SHE BUGS.

    What kind of meals do you cook that will last a week and WHAT A FAB idea that is!

    The PMS thing? I had no idea bout B6, I am going to get some today. My pms has gotten worse with both children (apparently that is common) and I have had no idea what to do about it. So thank you!! Please let me know how it goes and I'll do the same :_

    Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda - glad you think I am hi-larious. I'm also most likely clinically insane. Mrs. Notouching, thanks for stopping in. Sounds like many of us are on the anti-Aniston train. Jessica, this weekend I made two crock pot items - turkey chili and vegetarian split pea soup - both super easy. I also made baked ziti (a-la-sneaky chef with hidden carrots, sweet potatoes and tofu), and last but not least I made vegetarian enchiladas suiza with carrots, beans and onions. I know this sounds hard but trust me, I am way too lazy for this to be hard. If you want recipes let me know and I'm happy to oblige.

    Also, yeah PMS is off the friggin' hook. Wow! I am a hot mess for a good week before Aunt Martha comes. I get all weird and paranoid and emotional. UGH! I will keep you posted. Hope it works for at least one of us. Hope you are enjoying your trip west. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that I've missed all these blog postings. I'm so behind on email, and then I saw your comment on my blog. I was like, who is Mommy X? Then, I remembered your email. Ugh. You are no more clinically insane than the rest of us! I sometimes call Soph Bam Bam!

    ReplyDelete